Be part of an award-winning team driving innovation and access to unique collections
About Library Services
UAL has outstanding library environments providing the largest specialist art and design library in the UK across 8 sites. It offers exceptional services, award winning innovative practices and globally significant collections. The library is a crucial partner in the University’s learning, teaching and research agendas and its student experience.
Library Futures is our ambitious plan to undergo a radical process of transformation of services and processes, to be fully connected and aligned to the University’s ten-year strategy. At our heart is a commitment to offer an outstanding service to our students, facilitating and supporting student enquiry and discovery throughout the whole student journey.….
Commitment to a service centred approach
Our hugely innovative practices have been recognised nationally by the Times Higher Education Award for Outstanding Library team in 2021 and we maintain our annual Customer service excellence accreditation through our commitment to continuous improvement and customer centred services.
We are opening our Archives and Special Collections to students, researchers and wider communities, enhancing our engagement with programmes and supporting the development of an expanded creative education curriculum. Libraries, Archives and Collections have an ambitious plan to support and enhance learning and teaching, the research community, open research and the full Research Lifecycle.
Spaces and Places
We are undergoing large scale programme of works across our learning environments, at our 6 existing sites, and incorporating new provision across our growing estate. We seek to provide the services and a choice of spaces to inspire and showcase innovative learning and research practices. We play a key role in the emerging digital landscape at UAL and the research and development of the digital student experience and the online campus.
You form the creative engine of our learning environments, the interface with our students and stakeholders, mediating and facilitating discovery and knowledge acquisition through our collections. We aim to cultivate a culture that allows us to work together with empathy and compassion to fulfil our ambitions.
If you’d like to be part of our journey to shape one of the world’s great creative organisations through the services we deliver and the culture we build together, then we would love to hear from you.
Our departmental groups
As a central service our teams are not only organised by the physical location or library you work in. All our roles work within cross site operational groups that ensure we deliver consistently excellent service across the department, while allowing staff to share their experience and support and learn from one another.
- Customer Service – circulation, library study environment, customer service standards and customer feedback
- Academic Liaison – teaching and learning, information literacy, relationship management
- Library Digital – Learning Zones and digital literacy support, basic equipment, hardware and software support in our spaces
- Collections – journals, books and special collections held within libraries as well as working with central collections colleagues in resources and systems teams on electronic collections
- Resource and systems -Library Management System
- Archives and special collections -central archives and special collections centre at Elephant and Castle, and the LCF archive at Stratford
- Scholarly communications – supporting researchers and Doctoral school colleagues, managing UAL’s online research repository (UALRO)
Library Services jobs
There are currently no library roles available. Please register for job alerts to be kept informed of future opportunities or explore our other opportunities across UAL.